Release: 3D Components 1.4.7 is out
(23.04.2017) Ceetron 3D Components 1.4.7 has been released. The release contains a number of improvements and fixes, including optimized display model generation for unstruct grid models, phase-response of a modal analysis at a given frequency, query for calculating the volume of an element, and reader for PTC neutral files (.neu).
3D Components is a development toolkit for 3D visualization of CAE data. It has been optimized for FEA and CFD models and results, and aims at software developers within CAE, science and engineering. 3D Components is used by leading providers of solvers and simulators for the CAE community, including DNV GL, Transvalor, and Autodesk.
The release comes with the following improvements and fixes:
- Optimized display model generation for unstruct grid models, resulting in a significant performance improvement for models with flat shading and a decent increase for smooth shaded models
- SymmetricTensor : added left multiplication by scalar, multiplication by vector, trace, deviator tensor, a static method to get the identity tensor, vonMises computation, and principal (eigen) value and vector computations
- Added DataSourcePhaseResponse, a DataSourceMemory that provides the phase-response of a modal analysis at a given frequency
- Added new ElementsQuery to get the volume of an element. Returns 0 for non-volume elements. The computation is based on linear polyhedra, hence the volume for quadratic elements is an approximation
- Added a reader for PTC neutral files. The reader loads one analysis of a PTC design solution. It expects a PTC neutral file (.neu) as entry
For detailed specification of the above, see our release notes.
The new release of 3D Components can be downloaded from our developer download page https://ceetron.com/developer-zone/download.
We encourage our customers and evaluators to always stay on latest version of the software. In case you are a current evaluator of 3D Components, and if your eval key has expired, feel free to go to the download page and request a new eval key, by clicking on ‘request evaluation key’.